Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Green Goddess Dressing with Basil

Here is another recipe from the 100th Blog Post Dinner! Green Goddess Dressing is a cool and refreshing compliment to grilled veggies. I used basil rather than parsley because I have a ton of basil growing in my backyard, and wanted to use it before the cold snap hits (we keep hearing warnings...but it is still going to be 85 today).

Nap time

I simply grilled zucchini, squash, portobello mushrooms, bell peppers and onions, all drizzled with a nice olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. We used these grilled veggies and dressing as our salad. Enjoy!

Why yes! We did just get caught tearing up something :)

Printer Friendly Version:


Ingredients:
1 cup of chopped basil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons of minced tarragon
1 cup of sour cream (I used reduced fat)
1 cup of mayonnaise (I used reduced fat)
4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Steps:
1. Gather all of your ingredients and prepare your food processor.


2. Combine the basil, garlic and tarragon in the processor and blend until it forms a fine paste. I have to be honest...well...the pictures are honest...I did not pre-chop any of my ingredients. I let the blender do all of the hard work.




3. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, and lemon juice to the paste.




4. Taste and decide how much salt and pepper to add.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve with your grilled veggies!



No comments:

Post a Comment