Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Bunker's Reuben Sandwich
Bunker conceptualized this sandwich. He likes Reuben sandwiches, but likes parts of them much more than others. So, we took his least favorite parts (the rye bread, the corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut) and used some of his favorite ingredients (sourdough bread, sliced chicken breast, muenster cheese and coleslaw). The result was a messy but tasty new sandwich!
Along side the sandwich, I served baked sweet potato chips.
How can you play around with a traditional sandwich to make it more your own?
Printer Friendly Version:
Two slices of sourdough bread
One chicken breast, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of coleslaw
2 tablespoons of Russian dressing
2 slices of Muenster cheese
1. Gather your ingredients and begin to heat the skillet to medium-high heat.
2. Add the bread to the pan with non-stick spray.
3. Add the cheese and chicken one of the bread slices.
4. Let cook and brown for about five minutes.
5. Remove both pieces of bread from the pan.
6. Add the coleslaw to the side with the chicken, and add the Russian dressing to the empty piece of bread.
7. Serve with sweet potato chips and enjoy!