Tonight was book club night with a group of wonderful girls. I love book clubs. Based on the book clubs that I have been a part of in my life, it seems that the main focus of a book club is about gathering together to chat, and the book is often way down on the list of topics brought to the table! Our book this evening was Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson. Although a page turner towards the end, we had a consensus that it was a bit too intense and heavy. Next month we plan for lighter book reading fare!
The dinner was focused on light Mexican, and therefore, I thought it would be fun to offer a sweet play on the classic Quesadilla! This recipe is from Cooking Light, and I held rather true to the original recipe, but I doubled the amounts to accommodate for 10 diners.
Printer Friendly Version
Ingredients for the Lime-Honey Sauce:
4 tablespoons of honey
4 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons of grated lime rind
Ingredients for the Quesadillas:
2 cups of fresh peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
2 teaspoons of brown sugar
6 ounces of Brie cheese, thinly sliced
5 large flour tortillas
Olive oil for coating the pan
Steps for Sauce:
1. Combine the honey, lime juice and grated lime rind and whisk together.
2. Set aside.
Steps for Quesadillas:
1. Combine the sliced peaches, chives and brown sugar in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and allow the sprinkling of olive oil to flow across the pan.
3. Add one large tortilla to the pan.
4. Spread the sliced brie and peaches evenly across on half of the tortilla.
5. Fold over the other half of the tortilla onto the side with all the brie and peaches, like a sandwich on one piece of bread. It should look like a pita.
6. After about 30 seconds to 1 minutes, carefully flip over the quesadilla so that you can brown the other side. Be careful not to loose the peaches and brie as you flip!
7. Cook for another minute, until the tortilla is crisp and slightly browned.
8. Transfer to a board and slice into small pieces.
9. Serve with the sauce and enjoy with friends!
Super excited when I came home tonight!