Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kitchen Essentials: Vinaigrette Emulsifier


Back in May I found myself walking through the Williams-Sonoma store at Northpark Mall just browsing with no intention of buying anything. (Isn't that how it always begins?!) As I made my way past the beautiful display of Le Creuset cookware (swoon!) and numerous kitchen gadgets that I don't need, (but sometimes think that I do!) I came across a display devoted to salads. That's where I saw the vinaigrette emulsifier pictured above. 

I have quickly come to prefer homemade salad dressing over the store bought variety. The problem I had, at least up until that day in May, was that I did not have a way to effectively store and serve the dressings I had made. The Chef'n Salad Dressing Emulsifier has quickly solved that problem. Not only does it come with several recipes listed on the side of the bottle, the measurements listed on the side for recipes like balsamic vinaigrette can easily be used to help you craft and create your own salad dressing creations.
After I bought this exciting new toy, I quickly got to work creating the recipe for a homemade raspberry vinaigrette, shown above. By far my favorite aspect of the emulsifier is that when the vinaigrette separates, as it is bound to do, the trigger makes it easy to stir the blend again without a mess and pour just as easily. If you enjoy making your own salad dressings at home, you should get one as well. You'll be glad you did


No comments:

Post a Comment