This homemade sandwich is an easy reinvention of my favorite sandwich at Breadwinners Cafe, the Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Sandwich. This is a very easy sandwich, perfect for a Friday night dinner at the end of a long week. I usually have most of these ingredients on hand, and if you have leftover chicken that makes the sandwich even easier. Making this sandwich at home also lets me share two of my favorite products with you!
Fischer & Wieser is a fantastic company that specializes in sauces, spreads, jellies, dressings, and salsas. My tiny local grocery store has a very small selection of these products, but it does carry the Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, something I use for lots of different recipes. Check out their website to see all of their products and ideas!
I love Borden's Shredded Gouda because it melts much more easily, especially on sandwiches, than if I shredded a big chunk of Gouda myself...they must have changed the composition a bit so that it melts at a lower temperature.
1 loaf of ciabatta or other hearty bread
2 breasts of chicken, thinly sliced
1/2 a cup of shredded Gouda
4 tablespoons of Fischer & Wieser Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
1. Slice the ciabatta loaf into two 3 inch pieces, and then cut in the middle to expose the soft interior of the bread.
2. Thinly slice the re-heated chicken breasts and then set aside.
3. Place one piece of bread of each 3 inch piece in a skillet heavily coated with non-stick spray. Heat the skillet to medium heat.
4. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of Gouda on each piece of bread in the skillet.
5. Let the Gouda begin to melt, and then place the sliced chicken on top of the cheese.
6. Carefully drizzle 2 tablespoons of the Chipotle sauce over each sandwich half.
7. Add the other piece of bread to your sandwiches and press down. Cook for another minute.
8. Carefully flip each sandwich and press down again. You want both sides to be pressed and crispy, but not burned. Cook on this other side for about 3 minutes.
9. Pull off the skillet and enjoy with sweet potato fries!
Cort playing the piano with me.
Cort and Shafer cuddled up with me at the piano!