Printer Friendly Version
Ingredients for Blender Hollandaise Sauce:
3 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper depending on how much of a kick you want, I used 1/8 teaspoon
1 tablespoon of cream
1 cup of sweet cream butter, melted
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
Ingredients for Assembly:
1 recipe of popovers
6 poached eggs
Steps for Blender Hollandaise Sauce:
1. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. You can discard the egg whites, or you can whip these up for a small amount of meringue. I honestly just tossed mine, and then thought about how I could have used them...too late! Melt your butter and gather all of your ingredients.
6. Then finish adding the remaining butter to the sauce, blending the entire time.
Original recipe from Epicurious 1962, for Blender Hollandaise, clearly a recipe that has stood the test of time.
Steps for Assembling the Eggs Benedict:
1. Prepare the popovers (click for recipe link) so that they will be finished baking right after the eggs are poached and the sauce is ready. Your popovers will fall very quickly. They still taste yummy after they fall...and actually...come to think of it...you will cut them in half anyways for serving...so do not stress about timing it perfectly. Take a mental or actual picture of how beautiful the popovers are right when they come out of the oven, and then enjoy how delicious they taste after they have fallen and are covered in the yummy toppings.
4. Slice the Prosciutto into smaller pieces.
5. Assemble the Eggs Benedict by cutting the popovers in half, add the prosciutto slices, and then one poached egg per popover. Then drizzle the whole composition with a generous stream of Hollandaise Sauce.
It is a beautiful creation, complicated and artistic. But don't let this stop you...Enjoy this delightful play on the classic Eggs Benedict!