Monday, December 12, 2011

New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies


Sorry for the long absence. Bunker and I suffered a sad loss, and it has taken a bit of time for me to get back on my feet. So to start back out blogging...I am posting about a comfort food...chocolate chip cookies.

The other day, I read an article in the New York Times, claiming it had the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. Since I consider myself to be a chocolate chip cookie aficionado, I had to try the recipe to taste the results and judge for myself! Although a bit more time and preparation is involved, these are indeed the best cookies I have ever tasted out my own oven. So please try the recipe and enjoy warm, hot, gooey, chocolaty, cookies right out of you oven. Hopefully they will bring a smile to your face as they did to mine.

Here is the link to the original recipe in the New York Times, which was adapted from Jacque Torres.

We went to Pebble Beach with my family for Thanksgiving, and it was the most wonderful trip. Pebble Beach is breathtaking, my family is so kind, the food was amazing and the time there and the company is irreplaceable. I loved every moment. Over the next few posts I will share some of our favorite pictures!

Thanksgiving day on the beach

The Lone Cypress. 

Walking down to the beach.

17 Mile Drive on the way from Pebble to Carmel.


Printer Friendly Version


Ingredients:
2 cups minus 2 tablespoon of cake flour
1 2/3 cups of bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/12 sticks unsalted butter (1 1/4 cups)
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate chips (at least 60 percent cacao content)

Steps:
1. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
2. In your standing mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until you have a light and fluffy mixture, about 5 minutes.
3. Add each egg one at a time and mixing well after each addition.
4. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
5. Reduce to a low speed and slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Remove the bowl from the mixer. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
7. Cover the dough with plastic wrap by pressing the plastic wrap onto the exposed dough in the bowl.
8. Refrigerate the dough 24-36 hours.
9. When you are ready to enjoy the yummy cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
10. Scoop out the dough into large golf ball sizes and spread out on a greased cookie sheet.
11. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. You want to take them out when they become golden, but you still want them very soft, almost like they are not finished as they will continue to cook after you remove them from the oven.
12. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment