Why...yes girls...I am obsessed with both of you!
Dallas is in the middle of the most delightful cold snap, and I am trying to soak up every moment of the cloudy and chilly (60s and 70s) weather!
Regal Cort at her favorite lookout spot.
These muffins are destined for the tummies of a new mom and dad. The happy family welcomed their little boy late last week, and I thought these muffins would be great treats for middle of the night feedings or mid-afternoon snacks. Muffins are so handy since they come perfectly packaged and proportioned.
Is there anyone in your life that you think could use a smile? Muffins usually do the trick!
I found this recipe (with rave reviews) at All Recipes. I added a bit more cinnamon, but otherwise, stayed true to the recipe.
Sweet Shafer snuggled up in her favorite chair.
Ingredients for muffins:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 over ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
Ingredients for crumb topping:
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter, cut into small cubes
Steps for Muffins:
1. Gather your ingredients, prepare your muffin pan with muffin liners, and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In your mixer, mix together the mashed bananas, white sugar, egg, and cooled melted butter.
I actually mixed together the sugar, bananas, and egg and waited a bit to add my butter because it was still a tad warm.
3. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
4. Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin pan.
5. Prepare the crumb topping by combining the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. The add the butter and "cut" the butter into the dry ingredients. I used a fork. You want a crumbly texture.
6. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the muffins.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes.
8. Enjoy yourself or share with someone and share a smile :)
All wrapped up and ready to go!