Sunday, June 26, 2011

Baked Kale Chips

Long before we started this blog, several of the food blogs I read posted recipes for baked kale chips. Initially these recipes didn't interest me much, that is until I joined the Urban Acres produce co-op and received a bunch of kale every two weeks in my produce share. For the past two months, I have received kale in my share and, unfortunately, let it spoil before I was able to use it in a meal.

This time I decided to employ the kale chips recipe early so as to not loose the freshness of the vegetable. I actually tend to love my leafy greens, but even I can get tired of the usual preparations. So I decided to give the baked kale chips a try. The result was a light, slightly spicy, and crispy snack that I think would easily curb a craving for salty chips. If you have kids that are reluctant to eat their green vegetables, I think this would be a great recipe to try.

Printer Friendly Version
Baked Kale Chips

Ingredients
1 bunch curly kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
Salt to taste

Instructions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Rinse kale, remove stems and ribs and cut into bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
Add the olive oil, salt and chili powder and toss to coat.
Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove the kale from the oven and let cool. Serve as a snack and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment