Pair this filling soup with a hearty bread and you have a delicious and comforting meal on a chilly spring evening. Honestly, this was so tasty, just what I was craving! And, I have enough left-over for lunch tomorrow...which I will especially appreciate if the weather is cold and damp again.
Shafer helped! Cort slept in her bed.Printer Friendly Version
2 Tablespoons of Butter
1/2 Cup of Finely Chopped Onion
2 Tablespoons of Flour
3 Cups of Skim Milk
2 Breasts of Cooked Chicken, Chopped into bite sized cubes
1 1/2 Cups of Sweet Corn Kernels (mine were canned)
1 1/2 Cups of White Corn Kernels (mine were canned)
1 Can of Creamed Corn
1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Cook your chicken breasts in your preferred marinade and preparation method.
2. Finely dice the 1 Cup of Onion.
4. Add the diced onion to the butter and saute until nicely browned and tender. About 10 minutes.
6. Add the milk, three types of corn, thyme, pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
9. Chop the cooked chicken breast into bite-sized cubes.
10. Add the chicken to the soup and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes.