Thursday, April 14, 2011

Melons Wrapped in Prosciutto


So...I had either a bout of food poisoning or a 24 hour stomach bug last night and into a large portion of today. Therefore, our dinner this evening is not super exciting. However, my husband was coming home from traveling for two nights, so I wanted to make something at least a little special, hence our simple yet yummy appetizer. Melon wrapped in prosciutto is a delicious and easy appetizer for a nice warm evening on the patio. I used both cantaloupe and honeydew, as I love cantaloupe and my husband loves honeydew.

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:
1/2 honeydew cubed
1/2 cantaloupe cubed
8 slices of prosciutto
several toothpicks to wrap the prosciutto around the melon cubes

Steps:
1. Cut up the melons into mouth sized pieces. You can also just purchase the pre-cut melons offered at your grocery store.
2. Cut each prosciutto slice into 4 pieces.
3. Wrap the prosciutto pieces around the melon cubes and secure with a toothpicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment